Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Things you may not know about Ryker













Now that Ryker is approaching his 1st birthday I thought it would be a good time to let everyone know what he's been up to.


Ryker is definitely our little cuddle bug! He would love to be held most of the day and he sleeps a lot better when we let him sleep with us, which doesn't happen too often, sorry Ryker! The first time he slept through the night was when he was about ten months old and we let him sleep with us. he still wakes up about once a night to eat. He started walking a few weeks ago at about 11 months old. Ryker loves dogs he gets so excited when we see a dog or if he hears a dog barking, he also likes our cat Leo but can't always catch him to give a hug but he tries! He doesn't say very much, the only thing he does say is "dadadada" I'm trying to get him to say other things like "Mama", "Jonah", "more", "milk", and "eat" very useful words to know! Unfortunately he refuses to even try to mimic us and he won't even attempt to sign anything! I think he doesn't because he has found his very own very effective way to communicate: screaming. This can drive me and Michael crazy and after a few of his shrill screams we're ready to give him anything to make him stop! This is how he has earned the nickname of Screech. He is very funny though and he likes to be around other people and smiles at everyone. he loves to eat and laugh and is almost always laughing while eating. He is a huge mooch and will harass anyone with food! He loves to feed himself and has barely tolerated being fed babyfood even now he grabs at the food we try to feed him or if we do manage to actually give him a bite he'll take it out of his mouth and put it back in himself. Ryker loves his big brother and likes to play chase, swords, and cars with him. Right now his favorite toy to play with is any ball. He is very sweet and always gives hugs, sometimes nice baby open-mouth kisses too if we say "give kisses"! I love Ryker so much and love seeing his personality come out. He is so different from Jonah although they do look alike, except Ryker has hair and Jonah didn't until after age 1! Ryker is my very sweet cuddle bug!

6 comments:

Noelle said...

I like how you put that Jonah and Ryker are different but look alike because that what I was thinking when I read that Ryker likes to eat and when I saw that picture. He's so cute! I'm so glad that you guys blog so that even though we don't live next to each other we can still learn things about the kids we've never met. Miss you guys!

Noelle said...

Hey MIke this is Kurtis, it was an Inline .50 caliber black power shot that took down that beast. I was honestly a day late from buying a tag for it. I still need to get some guns and bow too. My brother and I are going shed hunting again tomorrow. It is so addicting, especially when you find a good set of antlers, today I found a 3 point set, it's so much fun! Is there alot of hunting and stuff where you live? I'm sure there is.

Keiko said...

Thanks for the comment a little while ago! I'm so glad you started the blog. Ryker is so cute. I love boys' Halloween costumes! James loves the costumes, too. It's a must toy during the winter:) How does Jonah enjoy his older brother role, by the way? I'm so curious.

The Lamb Family said...

Laura, Mike!!!!! We often think of you guys! I"m so glad you guys found us through the blog. How are you guys? So are you guys now living in Texas? We are in North Hollywood, CA. We miss you guys so much! Your boys are so adorable. Keep in touch!

reiko1983@hotmail.com
come and visit us soon;)

Patrick and Crystal said...

He's so cute!! He sounds like a sweet boy, but I'm sure the screaming drives you crazy!

Shauna said...

What a great blog you have here! Thanks for sharing :)