Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


This year we went to Fort Davis (another little town about 25 minutes from Alpine) for a parade and "Bank Robbery" show with lots of loud gun fire! the city had tons of vendors so we had fun walking around and looking at everything and enjoying funnel cake! I had my camera out but forgot about it and only took one picture while we were there. Michael had to work in the afternoon but I took the kids to the park in Alpine where there were more vendors and fun things to do like jump in the bounce house, fish in the ducky pond, and face painting. Later in the evening Michael joined us and we watched the fireworks display at the park then went to my brother-in-law's house to shoot off more fireworks and play with sparklers. we had so much fun but I wish Michael didn't have to work, I was running around like crazy trying to keep Jonah and Ryker where I could see them and still let them have fun. I had several people come up to me and tell me they had been watching me and that they thought I was doing a good job, I felt really frazzled by the time Michael joined us, but at least it looked like I was doing a good job wrangling my boys, I am so thankful for the sling, at least Evva was happy the whole time and couldn't get away from me!! All in all it was a very fun fourth of July! I love living in our country and having the freedoms we do!

1 comment:

The Waldon Family said...

That sounds like so much fun Laura! I think you are an amazing mom, what lucky kids. I also love your beautiful family picture at the top of your blog. Miss you!